Crown moldings are a beautiful way to add a touch of elegance to any room in your home. They can be used to accentuate your home’s architecture or to add a decorative element to your décor.
Crown moldings can be made from a variety of materials, but foam crown moldings are a popular option. They’re ideal for those who want to add crown moldings to their home without the hassle and expense of real wood crown moldings.
In this article, let’s dive into how to purchase and install foam crown moldings in your home. Continue reading to learn more.
What Are the Advantages of Foam Crown Molding?
Foam crown molding is a type of lightweight polyurethane crown molding. It’s a popular choice for many homeowners because it’s very easy to install and very affordable. Foam crown moldings are also a great choice for those who want to add crown moldings to their home but don’t want the hassle and expense of real wood crown moldings.
How Is Foam Crown Molding Purchased?
Foam crown molding is available in a variety of different sizes, styles, and colors. When purchasing foam crown molding, be sure to buy from a reputable source. There are many fake foam crown moldings on the market that are not made from high-quality materials and can easily crack or break due to low density. It’s key to find
How Is Foam Crown Molding Installed?
As mentioned, foam crown molding is a great way to put in a touch of elegance to any room in your home. It’s relatively easy to install and can be painted to match any décor. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how even beginners can install foam crown molding:
- Prime and Paint. Prime and paint the area where the crown molding is set to go into, along with the molding itself. This will help it match your existing décor and make the molding much easier to install.
- Prioritize the Corners. When installing crown molding, it’s important to start with the corners. This will help you tackle the nooks and crannies first, which will inevitably make the rest of the installation much easier.
- Measure Gaps. Once the corners are in place, measure the gaps between the molding and the ceiling. This will help you determine how much filler you’ll need to create a seamless look.
- Fill In Seams. Upon measuring the item, use a putty knife to cut the molding to size before placing it to fill in any seams between the molding and the ceiling. This will help create a seamless look.
- Caulk the Seams. After the seams are filled, go on and apply a bead of caulk along the seams. This will help the molding adhere to the wall and prevent any gaps from forming immediately and in the future.
In conclusion, foam crown moldings are a great way to bring in a touch of elegance to your home. They are relatively good for the price and easy to install, transforming the look of the whole room. Consider this option if you’re hoping to change up your space and utilize moldings.
Seeking crown molding manufacturers in New York? Creative Crown Foam Molding is the easiest crown molding that beginners and professionals can install. Buy now!